Are you wanting to grow your blog? Do you have no idea how a certain application works? Then look no further than the 5 bloggers I will be discussing with you today. These 5 bloggers have the knowledge and the brains to show you EXACTLY what you need to do to become a better blogger. Even if it’s just to cover the small things, such as email marketing, advertising or pinterest. But before we get started I just wanted to let you know that this post does contain a lot of affiliated links. That is simply because I love these seminars, ebooks and webinars. I have instilled many of their processes into The Ham & Cheese Of It and then have become affiliated with their individual programs like Board Booster. I use them all daily in my blogging life and constantly use the knowledge I gain from these awesome resources to help out other bloggers where I can. If you want more information about my disclosure policy you can read more on it HERE. Other wise please enjoy these amazing resources and how they can help you grow.
1. If you’re new to the blogging world and have absolutely no idea of where to start. Then look no further than Abby Lawson over at Just a Girl and Her Blog. If you have been following me, then you know that I am a die-hard fan of her e-book Building a Framework: The Ultimate Blogging Handbook. I love it so much and constantly reference back to it as I move further into my blog life that I have even become affiliated with the book and now sell it on my side bar or HERE.
This e-book, as mentioned multiple times before in my What I Work For Series, goes over everything one would need to know about starting a blog. She even has video tutorials on how to understand things such as Google Analytics, Pinterest (hello evil rich pins), posting applications such as Board Booster and Tailwind and other things like how to make wordpress work for you.Her book took my little nothing blogging into the next level of awesome-sauce. As you can see by this awesome new layout I added two months ago by Restored 316, my awesome Facebook likes have increased and my Pinterest page growth or what I like to call “Pinsanity” has really been amazing.
But besides all that, her comprehensive tutorials, the visual aids, plus the interviews with all of the awesome and amazing bloggers who have been successful at blogging are a gold mine. Even if you can just purchase the cheapest option ($25) you will still learn more in 10 minutes than you will scouring the internet looking for “how to’s” and “do this” pages on Pinterest or Google. So save your self sometime, buy the book and join the private Facebook Group and Pinterest Board and start blogging now.
2. Now once you have purchased Abby’s book and you’ve implemented all of her awesome suggestions and tutorials. It’s time to let the world know. How do you do this? By signing up for Kirsten’s FREE newsletter and watching her webinars. I know you’ve heard me rave about Kirsten on not only my 5 Blogging Resources and Their Tutorials but on one of my favorite Facebook Groups Blog Passion Project.
Each week Kirsten sends out amazing and helpful tips on how to better connect with your readers through Mail Chimp. A FREE mail service that helps your readers get better information at a more esthetically pleasing way than free burner will ever do for you. Now she does offer an interactive and comprehensive go-at-your-own-pace e-book for $50 or a 1-on-1 coaching consultation that I am hoping I can do once I have hit my over 2,000 emails marker goal for $75. But until then I will gobble up any and all free information she throws my way.
Above is just an example of one of the many FREE webinars that does Kirsten hosts each month. Also, when you sign up for her newsletter, you get to join her private Facebook group dedicated to helping you work out any kinks you may have with your mail chimp account. It’s like having a private virtual assistant for mail chimp right at your finger tips.
3. Finally, once you have all of that set up it’s time to decide where to go from here. Most bloggers know it’s time to grow your social media and expand your “brand” that you have created. Crystal and Comp is a blogger I have just recently found and I am in total LOVE with her and her youtube work shops.
Crystal and Comp has TONS of FREE resources just like the one above. She and a few of her blog friends did an entire six months series where every week they posted a youtube video on how to do something cool and awesome with your blog or social media. How awesome is that? She’s also a Texas girl, just like me, and was featured on Good Morning Texas. So you know she’s legit!
4. Another great blog that talks about SEO’s, having 1 Million (unpaid) Facebook Followers and other really amazing youtube videos is Holly Homer of Kids Activities Blog. She too is a blogger that I have currently found and fell madly in love with.
She goes into great detail on how to really shape up your blog through organic means. Proving that growing a great connection with your followers is truly the only way to stay in the game. If you read my latest What I Work For series post then you have probably heard about my giant jump in Facebook Likes in the past week.
How was it done? I followed the video that’s posted above and started spamming the heck out of you guys with AMAZING content. She’s really and truly made a difference to my blog since I implemented her suggestions. Hello 65 new blog likes since August 14th! I think they could mean all the difference for you too.
5. Now once you have set up your blog, created a killer email and organically grew your blog it’s time to think about the bigger picture. Are you wanting to monetize your blog, brand it and sell it? If you do and are 100% ready then it’s time to step up your game with David at The Blog Marketing Academy. He takes you through an in-depth walk through on how to begin making your blog a business. His newsletter is FREE just like many of the other’s that I had spoken about in this post. However, he does offer paid options for more in-depth training on making your blog a force that can’t be stopped.
I have only recently begun his courses and I already feel like he makes way more sense than anyone else out there that has talked about monetization. In my favorite quote from him he says, “Anybody who advises you to start your online business primarily based on your passion is just blowing fairy dust-up your butt.” Right then I knew he wasn’t going to sugar coat anything to do with my blog. He was going to tell me the truth, even if it hurt. Just like a great friend would do.
I can’t wait to really sit down and go through his newsletter and read all of the great tips and suggestions he would like to see me instill within my blog. Are you ready to monetize? If you are then why haven’t you signed up yet for his blog?
If you’re new to blogging or a someone who is finally ready to sit down and take blogging seriously, then these folks are who you should be listening too. They can help you sort through the muddled web of the blogging world and give you a step-by-step course of action. It’s just that easy! However, if you’re needed just a quick tutorial on a certain issues you’re having within your blog then please, check out my 5 Blogging Resources and Their Tutorials. Have a great day blogging and let me know if these amazing people work for you!